Only a short time until the Canadian Bar Association's 5th Annual Privacy and Access Law Symposium in Ottawa at the end of the month. The conference is uniformly excellent with great speakers.
- Implementing Canada's new Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) under existing privacy frameworks
- Key developments in international law which will affect Canadian compliance
- Mobile tracking, consumer online scoring and user-generated health data
- Records management and challenges to access
- Significant provincial changes regarding police information checks, PIPEDA, Ontario's FIPPA “advice and recommendations” exemption, and IPC Ontario's “Crossing the Line” investigation report
- Trends in access including shared services arrangements which include NGOs
- Privacy in public places – protectable personal information